We stopped today with the Valenti family who we know from our time in Iceland. The driving was good today, so we took time to have a picnic at one of the rest areas and still arrived by 3:30. It has been wonderful to have time to visit and catch up.
Edited to add:
Here’s what my twitter stream looked like for the day. It gives you a sense of the rhythm.
- 07:54 We left @scalzi’s house at about 7:30 this morning. Had a lovely evening last night. #
- 08:45 Welcome to Indiana. #
- 10:23 Trading drivers, at the rest area outside Mooresville, IN. 1050 words plus a nap. #
- 11:38 Welcome to illinois. #
- 12:38 At a truck stop to refuel. The mullet is alive and well, lest you were concerned. #
- 13:00 Our cat Marlowe, wearing his basket of invisibility. It’s how he copes with stress. #
- 15:41 Welcome to Missouri. Woot. A four state day. #
- 16:10 Have arrived at destination in Des Peres, MO. 2019 words today, plus picnic and nap. #