So, as I write, I often use [square brackets] as place holders for things I need to look up later. This offers you the opportunity to play MadLibs with my work in progress.
- A cheer went up from a crowd of sailors bunched around the [part of ship]
- An enclosed [type of carriage] with a matched pair, awaited them. It was [description] in the older style, but still in good repair.
- A sailor stood a few feet away, working at [some ship business].
- “Tell the [guy in the pantry] that you have a delicate stomach.”
- “Cook has promised [something] for dinner.”