Heavily Inspired by Iceland
Last night when I was flying home and the fellow in the seat next to me was talking about how awful the situation in Iceland was with the whole country blanketed by ash.
I explained that the area affected by Eyjafjallajökul is very small and that Europe is getting most of the ash plume. He looked doubtful. When I got home, I had this video sitting in my inbox from a friend in Iceland. It’s part of the Inspired by Iceland campaign to spread the word about how fantastic Iceland is.
If you’ve read any of my fiction you know how much living in Iceland for a year and a half inspired me. Here are some of the stories that I took out of Iceland.
- Ring Road — Dark Faith Anthology (January 2010)
- At the Edge of Dying — Clockwork Phoenix 2: More Tales of Beauty and Strangeness
- Prayer at Dark River — Innsmouth Free Press
- Scenting the Dark — Apex Online (August 24, 2008)
- Horizontal Rain — Apex Online
- Bound Man — Twenty Epics (May, 2006)
If you are looking for vacation plans and a lot of sunshine, hit Iceland this summer for 20 hours per day. The landscape changes constantly so one day it is like vacationing in Middle Earth and the next the Moon.
The Moon, with air and hot springs, that is.