WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
* The most obvious thing to do is stay informed. Keep an eye on reliable sources on Twitter, refresh blogs and news sites that are covering the stories.
* If you are on twitter, retweet information from reliable twitters, but REMOVE THE USERNAME if they are in Iran. People have died because of the lack of responsibility by fellow tweeters and the media in this front. They can be tracked down by the government of Iran.
* Spread the information elsewhere. Repost this article or write your own on Facebook, Myspace, Tumblr, or anywhere else you can think of. If you write your own, make sure you are concise and accurate. Link to your sources for people to learn more.
* Discretely change your location on Twitter to Tehran or Iran, and your time zone to GMT +3:30. Don’t post to brag about how you did it, otherwise it was useless.
* DO NOT auto-refresh and take down websites, even if you are asked. It slows down the internet for the rest of the people in Iran.
* If you make a proxy DO NOT post it publicly, otherwise it is useless. Send it in a direct message to a trusted source.
* DO NOT spam the hash tag #IranElection with useless things to “confuse the government”. This does not help at all.