Truck is unloaded
- Going offline today
- Waiting with the truck
- Day 1 of the move. Milesburg, PA
- Bradford, OH: Day 2 of moving
- Des Peres, MO Day 3 of the move
- Russell, KS: Day 4 of the move
- Denver, CO: Day 5 of the move
- Salt Lake City: Day 6 of the move
- Salt Lake City + Novel = Finished
- Ogden, UT: Day 8 of the move
- Meridian, ID. Day 9 of the move
- Portland, OR: Day 10 of the move
- Shopping for apartments
- Looking for apartment, part deux
- We have an apartment!
- Truck is unloaded
Because our friends rock, we were able to unload everything from the truck and get it into the apartment today. A hearty thank you to David, Kate, Aimee, Michael, Dave, Don, Yan, Eve, David, Ben, Rebecca, Taylor, Whitney, Bob, and Evan.
After everyone had gone, Rob carried me across the threshold. In a fireman’s carry, to be sure, but romantic in his own way. We never did that when we got married since I already owned the house when we met.
I managed to get most of the kitchen unpacked, which makes me feel a little better. It also gives me a clearer sense of what we’ll need in order to make it a workable space. Actually, the layout, compact as it is, will probably be the most efficient kitchen I’ve worked in. It’s just going to be a matter of deciding where things go.