These are some of the things that have struck me–you should know that I am experiencing culture shock about being in the U.S.
- America really does have an obesity problem. From the moment we landed in Baltimore, I saw very few people who were not overweight.
- There are so many trees.
- Look at all the cars on the road; where are all these people going?
- The staff at stores are so chatty. I don’t know them, why do they want to know how I am?
- I can turn the hot water tap on without scalding myself.
- The hot water doesn’t smell like sulphur.
- The days are so long.
- The water tastes like chemicals.
- I can buy spinach dip in the store.
- I can read all the labels.
There will be more to come, I’m sure.