This is one of my favorite memes. It’s a look at the last year, through the first line of my first blog post of each month.
- Oh, the things one runs across while researching.
- I have, of late, been pondering the rituals of mourning.
- I’m absolutely delighted to announce that I’ll be attending Baycon this year as their author Guest of Honor.
- It occurs to me that, this being April Fool’s day, when I talk about taking a yeti on my trip, people will think that I’m making a joke.
- For those of you reading along, I’ve just posted Chapter 19 of The Transfigured Lady draft.
- One of the interesting things about dialogue is that you can convey a great deal of information with it.
- I’m heading to Readercon this month, which is one of my favorite conventions.
- Sometimes, when I’m writing I use brackets to keep myself from wandering off to research something Right Then.
- While I’m on vacation, I’ve set up “Retro Mary” posts.
- Hello! I’m back from my internet vacation.
- I’ve spent the first two days of November in the company of thousands of other writers pounding down words.
- I’m heading off for the weekend to the Oregon Regency Society’s retreat.
Looking at this, it’s pretty clear that writing two novels — both historical fantasy — meant that my life was consumed by research and writing. I traveled a lot, too.
How about you? How did your last year shape up?