So one of my favorite things on twitter is to tweet exactly what I’m doing, without giving any context. Usually this is something that I just said at work. So… for the people who have forgotten that I’m a puppeteer, here are a sampling of things said at work.
What we said.
- Do you know if the blood is still in the mini-fridge?
- It’s good in there. Warm, soft… padded rod.
- Can I stick my hand in him and feel him?
- Stop! Don’t go past the bunnies. Oh god. Whatever you do, don’t pass the bunnies.
- I’m about to put the ass of the dog through the sewing machine.
What it really means:
- Stage blood has a lot of sugar in it so we keep it in the fridge to discourage bugs.
- I’d just installed a rod in a puppet and the padding was still warm from the hot glue.
- My colleague wanted to test a puppet.
- I was shopping for a taxidermied animal and stumbled on a page that had pre-taxidermy animals. It was all fine until a series of horrific pictures after a set of very cute bunnies.
- Exactly what it sounds like, except the dog is made of cloth.