YES! It worked
I tried my plan for dealing with Mr. Uh-uh at camp today, and it worked. I gave him a model of the fire I needed built and told him to make a large version. When he got bored with that, I also assigned him to draw the plan of the jail, and that I’d get another kid to scale it up for him later. I told him to bounce between the two projects and he worked the whole class. I feel like a teaching god.
Of course, I had another student who decided to play darts with the colored pencils, but that didn’t last long.
Since I’ve finally finished the Lessons Learned project, I’m actually free to spend the afternoon writing. I’m shocked too.