Writing Excuses 7.45: Microcasting
It’s microcasting time! This week we take a crack at the following listener questions:
- What percentage of a rough draft makes it into print?
- What are the pitfalls of jumping from novels to short fiction, and vice versa?
- Do you need to start with short fiction first?
- Should a novice writer fix glaring story problems during a draft, or wait until after?
- Can a self-published author get picked up by a traditional publisher?
- How do you get over the fear of writing something unoriginal?
- Can I pay you to help me outline my story?