Waiting with the truck
- Going offline today
- Waiting with the truck
- Day 1 of the move. Milesburg, PA
- Bradford, OH: Day 2 of moving
- Des Peres, MO Day 3 of the move
- Russell, KS: Day 4 of the move
- Denver, CO: Day 5 of the move
- Salt Lake City: Day 6 of the move
- Salt Lake City + Novel = Finished
- Ogden, UT: Day 8 of the move
- Meridian, ID. Day 9 of the move
- Portland, OR: Day 10 of the move
- Shopping for apartments
- Looking for apartment, part deux
- We have an apartment!
- Truck is unloaded
I am sitting in the moving truck on our corner, waiting for the street sweeper to come through so that we can put the truck right in front of the apartment. In case anyone is wondering why we picked a Thursday to load out, it’s because of opposite side of the street parking. Aside from things we need tonight, everything is in a box, packed and ready to go.
I am, of course, melancholy about this. At the same time, I’m anxious for it to be over. It is interesting watching the people from the truck like this. I walk down this street all the time, but never watch my neighbors. I will miss the broad mix of people and cultures that happens in New York. I love Portland, but it is going to feel awfully homogenous when I get back.
So how are you spending your morning?