The Glamour in Glass Moving Book Tour!
Rob and I are moving to Chicago in April and we’re driving. I joked about doing a whistle-stop tour as part of the move and then we realized that it might actually be a good idea.
Crazy? Yes. But a way to visit places I wouldn’t get to otherwise. Because we are moving we’re hesitant to set up any actual readings. I mean… you know what happens when I travel. Instead of trying to schedule something tight, we’re doing a soft schedule of signings.
What does that mean? Below, I have our route and the approximate date of each city we plan to spend the night in. If you live along this route and have a bookstore within 5 miles of the interstate, I will stop in to sign and personalize a book for you.
How does this work?
- Contact the closest bookstore on the route to pre-order a book and request that I stop in. (We will post the stores that I will be visiting, so check the list.)
- Ask the stores to contact my publicist at Tor, Alexis Nixon, ([email protected]) a to confirm that they have the book in stock.
- I will give the stores a date of arrival and an approximate time.
- Two hours before arriving, I call to confirm with the store and tweet that I will be there. If you want to come by to meet me, I’ll be happy to say hello.
- We fly like the wind to the next city.
View The move to Chicago, IL in a larger map
The current list of cities where I will be stopping. Contact any of these sellers to pre-order and have your book personalized.
The Dalles — Klindt’s Books — April 24 – 315 East Second Street – 541.296.3355
Boise – The Rediscovered Bookshop – April 24 – 180 N. 8th St. – 208.376.4229
Salt Lake City – Weller Book Works - April 25th at 7:00pm – 665 E 600 S Trolley Square - 801.328.2586
Denver — Broadway Book Mall - April 26 at 7:30 pm – 200 South Broadway - (303) 721-7511
Omaha — April 27
Arrive in Chicago and unpack April 28