Tech rehearsal – just pictures
- A first concept for Thor’s head
- Thor’s body and playing with Loki’s face
- Demo of Loki puppet for auditions
- Odin’s concept and paper trials.
- Odin assembly: Photos from Odd and the Frost Giants
- Assembling Thor for Odd and the Frost Giants
- Assembling rehearsal Loki for Odd and the Frost Giants.
- Odd – Set Model!
- Loki’s face, take one
- Assembly of Thor’s head for Odd and the Frost Giants
- Would you like to visit me and see some puppets?
- Heading home, with pictures of the puppets
- A Peek at Odd rehearsal
- Tech rehearsal – just pictures
- Odd and the Frost Giants – Up and Running
I wish I were in Houston with the rest of the Odd and the Frost Giant team, but director Rob Kimbro has some photos to with you.
Too tired to provide any sort of commentary or context here other than to say that we have dress rehearsal tomorrow and the first student matinee Tuesday morning.
Since he’s wiped out, I’m going to just write down my reactions to the photos. This is the first time I’m seeing them too. SO excited!
First up, the Wall at Asgard
To which I say, yowza, that’s some gorgeous forced perspective there. The hand also looks amazing. That’s when the wall turns into the giant. Such a cool idea.
The Gods and Odd
This is the first time I’ve gotten to see Mimir’s well/the fire pit. It looks wonderful. I really like how everything is playing with the wood floor. The costumes are great and really make the puppets pop. I was a little worried that they would compete for attention, but they don’t at all.
The visions at Mimir’s well.
I think what we’re looking at is Odd’s vision at Mimir’s well of his parents. There’s the small carving his father did (actually done by Jodi Bobrovsky, prop master) and then a larger full costume duplicate. Which is AMAZING. That looks so good, guys.