Returning as a Guest of Honor for the Steampunk Cruise 2014
Remember last year, when I was a Guest of Honor on the inaugural Steampunk Cruise? And you saw the photos and thought it looked awesome? Guess who’s been invited back?
So– Will you join me for the Steampunk 2014 Cruise? It’s a seven night cruise and prices start at $639 per person. They go up from there, sometimes dramatically but– here’s the thing that I didn’t understand before going on a cruise. That price covers registration, your room, and all your food for the week. Go ahead, take a look at how much you spent to go to your last out of town convention. Taken a look? Yeah…
Plus, they are totally open to other time periods. I went all Regency all the time, and there was someone else who was doing Jazz Age. Mostly, what you need to know is that it’s a cruise to the Bahamas in February and that you will be surrounded by people who share your interests and dress beautifull.
Here’s a video with highlights of the 2013 cruise.
Imagine boarding Royal Caribbean’s fair vessel, The Explorer of the Seas as she sets sail for the magnificent Bahamas for our Second Annual Steampunk Cruise and High Seas Ball, to include appearances, workshops and performances from the most reknowned Steampunk Writers, Speakers Artists and Musicians in the Steampunk World today!
February 23, 2014- March 2, 2014
Ship departs from New Jersey and sails to Port Canaveral FL, Coco Cay and Nassau Bahamas.
February 23 , 2014 BAYONNE, NEW JERSEY
February 24 , 2014 CRUISING
February 25, 2014 PORT CANAVERAL, FL
February 26, 2014 , NASSAU, BAHAMAS
February 27, 2014 COCO CAY, BAHAMAS
February 28, 2014 CRUISING
March 1, 2014 CRUISING
March 2, 2014 RETURN NEW JERSEY
SPEAKERS|/ MUSICIANS/ ARTISTS/ EVENTS*
- The Steampunk Duchess Of Nola High Seas Ball
- The Chrononauts Parade
- The Magnificent Captain’s Formal Night on the Explorer of the Seas
- Steampunk Musical Performances by This Way To The Egress in the exquisite Shipboard Lounge
- Midnight Swims with our Mermaid Kiara under the stars
- Appearances by the infamous award winning writer, Mary Robinette Kowal, Writer and Puppeteer
- Appearances by the renowned Author GD Falksen
- Magical Appearances by The Clockwork Ballerina and the Absynthe Fairy
- Mind-bending Steampunk Confabulations on everything from,Steampunk History, to the Future of our Past Steampunk
- Film Festival sharing some of the best Steampunk Movies and shorts
- Ballroom Dance class and Dance Attitudinal workshop
- Sunset Sail Aways of Romantic Splendor
- Dinners in the magnificent three tiered Formal Dining Room
- Late Night Rendezvous on the top deck all glass wrap around
- Viking Crown Lounge Tea Get Togethers as you step back in time in
- The Chamber Dance Club
- The Steampunk Cruise Craftroom
- Extravaganza Gatherings
- The Great Mad Scientists Monologue Competition Vintage Bathing Suit Contest Deck-side as we sail out to sea… Pipe and Brandy after dinner in the Connoisseurs Club (cost not included)
- Pictures in your Costumed Best with amazing backdrops.
- Cocktail Party with Prizes for the weeks best! Prizes, Swag and so much more!
- Optional Excursions to the Kennedy Space Center or Disneyland ( Add on cost)
- And much more to be announced!
Want to go? Call Lisa (317) 412-2542 Or email her at Lisa@steampunkcruise.com