Shopping for apartments
- Going offline today
- Waiting with the truck
- Day 1 of the move. Milesburg, PA
- Bradford, OH: Day 2 of moving
- Des Peres, MO Day 3 of the move
- Russell, KS: Day 4 of the move
- Denver, CO: Day 5 of the move
- Salt Lake City: Day 6 of the move
- Salt Lake City + Novel = Finished
- Ogden, UT: Day 8 of the move
- Meridian, ID. Day 9 of the move
- Portland, OR: Day 10 of the move
- Shopping for apartments
- Looking for apartment, part deux
- We have an apartment!
- Truck is unloaded
Today Rob and I walked up to Alberta to Fuel, which was my favorite coffee shop when I was living here before, and had pastries and coffee while surfing apartment listings. Besides price, we have a very small list of hard and fast criteria.
- Gas range
- No carpet
We’d like to be able to walk to the grocery store and be close-in so getting downtown is easy. Architectural charm would be nice. But most apartments can get eliminated by lacking a gas stove. We like to cook and neither of us wants to go back to electric.
We only looked at one today, it is Labor Day after all, but we have three appointments set up tomorrow.
This evening we walked up to McMennamin’s Kennedy School to see Up which was as wonderful as everyone has told me it was. Loved it a lot.