Salt Lake City: Day 6 of the move
- Going offline today
- Waiting with the truck
- Day 1 of the move. Milesburg, PA
- Bradford, OH: Day 2 of moving
- Des Peres, MO Day 3 of the move
- Russell, KS: Day 4 of the move
- Denver, CO: Day 5 of the move
- Salt Lake City: Day 6 of the move
- Salt Lake City + Novel = Finished
- Ogden, UT: Day 8 of the move
- Meridian, ID. Day 9 of the move
- Portland, OR: Day 10 of the move
- Shopping for apartments
- Looking for apartment, part deux
- We have an apartment!
- Truck is unloaded
Really? We’ve been on the road for six days?
Today was largely uneventful as we left Colorado and headed up through Wyoming. I cranked out story and got about 5000 words written. Things were fine until we got to Utah.
There’s this dinging noise that our truck makes when the temperature spikes. How do I know this, you might ask? Because it happened when we hit the hills leading into Salt Lake City. Thrice, in fact. Rob had checked the fluids before heading into the hills, but that didn’t stop every light on the dashboard from lighting up. The third time we called the truck rental company and talked to roadside assistance. They are going to get us in with a mechanic tomorrow, but won’t know what appointments are available until seven am.
Needless to say, Rob and I did the only logical thing. We coasted into SLC, to Beth Wodzinski’s house, where she and Sean Markey had arranged for us to meet up with some fellow writers at a local pub. We got to see Eric James Stone, Sandra Taylor and Chris Hansen.
And now, I’m going to turn into a pumpkin so that I can get up in the morning and talk about the truck. We’d just better not have to reload the thing.