I decided to replace the “I am reading” section of my sidebar with “Recommended Reading.” Why? Well, these days, I’m reading really slowly because I almost never have time to sit down with a book. Plus, since it’s gift-giving season, I figured that I’d point out books that I’ve enjoyed. So, it’ll randomly show books that I think are worth reading.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for books for a reader in your life, may I recommend these as my top picks?
- AlphaOops: The Day Z Went First, by New-York Times Best-Selling author, Alethea Kontis. In my brother’s paraphrased words, “That was my favorite book to read to my daughter. Wow!”
- Strongbow by Judson Roberts. I passed this to my nephew after I finished reading it. His first question upon finishing it? “When does the next book come out?”
- Born To Trot one was one of my favorites growing up.
Good heavens. If you know a kid who likes horses, this is the right book.
- Try Prime Codex Yeah, I’m in it, but I wouldn’t recommend it if I didn’t think that the rest of the stories are really, really good.
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch would be my pick. (I might change my mind when I finish The Secret Life of Moscow.)
For the early reader in your life
For the YA reader
For the YA reader suffering through a horse fixation
Want an anthology of short fantastic fiction?
How about a novel?
Now… I’ve recommended some books for you. I want some books to add to my Christmas wishlist. Your suggestions, please?