My reaction to the first episode of the new Doctor
Rob and I have finally gotten the Season Five Dr. Who discs, with Matt Smith, so I’m catching up with the rest of the world. After seeing the first episode here are my quick reactions.
- What have they done the theme song? I mean… lightning? Really?
- Did the entire episode have to be dialed to 11?
- I think I’ll like Matt Smith once I get used to him.
- I like the steampunkish TARDIS interior.
- An Olympia SM3 typewriter on the console? Really? The logo is held on with a little stud. You couldn’t knock it off and replace it with something else? Really? And the grey model? It doesn’t even match the color palette of the rest of the set. You couldn’t get the caramel with burgundy keys if you liked the shape so much?
But in general, I was happy to see the show and look forward to more of the Doctor’s adventures.