Meridian, ID. Day 9 of the move
- Going offline today
- Waiting with the truck
- Day 1 of the move. Milesburg, PA
- Bradford, OH: Day 2 of moving
- Des Peres, MO Day 3 of the move
- Russell, KS: Day 4 of the move
- Denver, CO: Day 5 of the move
- Salt Lake City: Day 6 of the move
- Salt Lake City + Novel = Finished
- Ogden, UT: Day 8 of the move
- Meridian, ID. Day 9 of the move
- Portland, OR: Day 10 of the move
- Shopping for apartments
- Looking for apartment, part deux
- We have an apartment!
- Truck is unloaded
May I start by saying that the entire staff of Utah Truck and Trailer is wonderful and that Chris, in specific, saved us. As you might recall from our last thrilling installment, because of the holiday weekend, there was serious concern about finding the part. Not to be thwarted by a little thing like that, our hero spent the morning on the phone calling stores trying to find ANYONE who was open and would carry the part.
She was facing a dire landscape as business after business failed to answer their phones or didn’t have the part. Then, in a stroke of inspiration, Chris had a mechanic pull the fan clutch from our truck instead of relying on the VIN number. Behold! The fan clutch had a different part number on it and she found one a mere thirty minutes away.
This wonderful woman got in her own car and drove to get that part for us.
By three-thirty they had us on the road again.
When we got to the hill that did in the truck last time, we climbed it with no problems. We had a safe arrival in Meridian, ID with no trauma.
Except for Marlowe. He’s still not excited by the whole truck thing.