First lines of 2010
I love this meme. Here’s the first lines from my first blog post of each month of 2010. It turns out to be a fascinating look at how my life has changed over the past couple of years. Even just looking at the first lines in 2010 shows that I did a lot of travel and a lot more writing that in previous years.
- I hope your day was relaxing and pleasant.
- Last Friday, my mom took a tumble down the stairs.
- I have a soft spot for Apex Magazine because Jason Sizemore has been incredibly supportive of me and my writing since the moment we met.
- I really hate to do this, but I’ve been talking with a lot of people.
- I’m sitting in the Detroit Airport waiting for my flight back from Penguicon.
- And lo! Still I am in Madison.
- The second story in my typewriter triptych is up at Shareable.
- One of the useful side effects of having a caffeine intolerance is that it doesn’t take very much to help me with pulling an all-nighter.
- The new online magazine Redstone Science Fiction has my short story “Salt of the Earth” up on their website today.
- Tonight I headed out to the Powell’s in Beaverton to hear Dan Wells read from his new novel, Mr. Monster.
- Right after I left WFC yesterday, my wonderful publicist emailed me with some awesome news and, of course, I had no one to squee with.
- If I have to explain why this is made of awesome, you probably won’t appreciate the video.