Day 1 of the move. Milesburg, PA
- Going offline today
- Waiting with the truck
- Day 1 of the move. Milesburg, PA
- Bradford, OH: Day 2 of moving
- Des Peres, MO Day 3 of the move
- Russell, KS: Day 4 of the move
- Denver, CO: Day 5 of the move
- Salt Lake City: Day 6 of the move
- Salt Lake City + Novel = Finished
- Ogden, UT: Day 8 of the move
- Meridian, ID. Day 9 of the move
- Portland, OR: Day 10 of the move
- Shopping for apartments
- Looking for apartment, part deux
- We have an apartment!
- Truck is unloaded
We hadn’t planned on stopping in Milesburg, but we were delayed getting out of the City this morning which pushed our arrival in Bradford, OH to midnightish. Not okay. We were also so fatigued from loading yesterday that collapsing into a heap in a hotel sounded better than collapsing in a heap with the truck.
Why are we so beat? Well, after the lengthy loading of the truck, yesterday, we had to stop, twice, to repack parts of it today. The roads in Manhattan are extremely uneven and all the bouncing caused my sculpting wheel — two discs of solid steel — to fall onto one of the wardrobe boxes, collapsing it and knocking over several other items.
And then the washing machine started to walk. Now, if we thought it would actually get to Portland on its own, I’d totally let it out to walk. Not likely to be the case though, so we stopped to buy straps. We got it a little more secure, but it was raining, so we couldn’t do as much as we’d like. Tomorrow, we’re going to pull some things out and really strap it down.
Marlowe has been traumatized by the whole thing. He’s never liked loud noises and there are many things that sound like ferocious growling when you’re on the road. He seems a little better now that we’re in the hotel.